The attention of the Peoples Democratic Party stakeholders and statutory delegates in the forth coming party primaries have been drawn to a publication against our chapter coordinator of the Maintain Peace Movement who is also our political leader, Chief Uno Etim Uno alleging in the said publication that he administers fetish oath to politicians in Urue Offong/Oruko Local Government through Hon. Nkereuwem Esekak Okpo.
The said publication credited to faceless people claiming to be politicians from Urue Offong/Oruko and speak on the grounds of anonymity, also mentioned the member representing the state constituency in Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Asuquo Archibong and the chairman of Urue Offong/Oruko Local Government, Hon. Precious Selong as political stakeholders from the area who were at the time the publisher of The Ink Newspaper was filling reports on the fetish oath of the political leader Chief Uno Etim Uno who is also the state commissioner for transport.
The publication as captured in the newspaper quoted the state house member and the council chairman as condemning the administration of the fetish oath by Nkereuwem Esekak in totality.
We want to state clearly that the said publication against our decent political leader and a gentle man of no mean repute, a Christian whose Christianity practices is evidently proven in his political practices and public offices. Therefore, after consultations from the member representing the good people of Urue Offong/Oruko in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly and other concerned political stakeholders, we discovered that:
1. The publication was nothing but a propagated falsehood aimed at blackmailing, dragging the name, personality and the good image of our political leader who is also the chapter coordinator of Maintain Peace Movement in Urue Offong/Oruko into mud.
2. The Publication was targeted at damaging the good image and the smooth cordial relationship long established between our political leader who is also the state commissioner for transport, the political stakeholders; and indeed the good people of UrueOffong/Oruko.
3. That the publication is perceived to be a paid blackmail sponsored by some political mischievers who are intimidated with the rising political profile of the state ministry of transport commissioner, Chief Uno Etim Uno.
4. That the publication is a fabricated lie sponsored by some elements to project or portray the state commissioner for transport in a bad image before His Excellency, Governor Udom Emmanuel for political reasons.
5. That the paid blackmail is out of fear of the unknown given the zoning of deputy governorship seat to Oronation.
6. That given the state commissioner for transport good relationship, Antecedents and benevolence to entire Oro nation singles him out as a trustworthy go-getter and personality to be revered in political office hence the sponsored blackmail.
7. That there is no meeting that the commissioner imposed aspirant on the people.– as captured on the publication.
8. That our political leader Chief Uno Etim Uno at all times always advise political stakeholders and aspirants to go about their 2023 election campaigns in a peaceful atmosphere to allow a level playing field for prevailing peace to be sustained.
9. That our political leader is only known, and can only be described by the people of Oro nation as being transparent, straightforward, truthful, trusted and dependable in any capacity of political office.
Though we strongly agree with the existence of freedom of information, we are pleased that the same constitution that makes provision for freedom of information also creates room for liable in cases of defirmination of character or character assassination for liable suits against a defaulter publishing damaging and mischief information against individual, persons or groups. With the existing laws on character assassination or defirmination, and to also erase doubts by the publisher on the said publication which is a clear case of character assassination or defirmination of character, we want to state our demands as follows:
1. That the publisher should publish names of those six ward chairmen that the publication said took the fetish oath out of 10 ward chairmen.
2. That in the case of character assassination or defirmation of character in a newspaper publication, if the publisher cannot prove with facts either by tape or audio video; recorder or even written documents from their sources, it is viewed as or to be fabricated lies on the path of the publisher
by this, we demand for the above listed prove of evidence.
3. That the publisher should as a matter of importance ascertain the facts about the publication, where and when Nkereuwem Esekak Okpo used to administer the fetish oath (mbiam).
4. That we particularly demand for the names and wards of curious observers who lamented and pointed accused fingers on the state commissioner for transport who is also our political leader as captured in the said publication.
5. That all evidences demanded from the publisher emanating from the said publication must be published with dates of those events within 10 days from the date of this publication; this day of Monday 14th March 2022.
Failure to do so within the stipulated period, we shall demand for;
1. An open unreserved apology from The Ink Newspaper publisher in three local tabloids and the state owned newspaper (Pioneer newspaper) full page in each of the papers and addressed to the honourable commissioner for transport who is our political leader.
2. A hand written apology/withdrawal of publication against the state commissioner of transport and the entire people of Urue Offong/Oruko addressed to the national coordinator of Maintain Peace Movement, copied, His Excellency the Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emanuel and the State Peoples Democratic Party state chairman.
3. That the publisher will be at leverage to do so between Tuesday 15th March, 2022 and Tuesday March 22, 2022.
4. If by any means and demands from The Ink Publisher fail to harken to the above demands, we shall have no other option than to establish litigation against the publisher.
We are ………………………………………
Discussion about this post